Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

I have a hotpoint Aquarius WT540 washing machine that has frozen

I have a hotpoint Aquarius WT540 washing machine that has frozen whilst running. I have tried putting it on different programs but it always reverts back to having the door still locked and the reduced crease light and the mini load light flashing rapidly and continuously. I have tried turning the power off and then on again. The current load is trapped within the machine.
All the mechanical parts seem to be working okay, so it appears to be a program fault. Can it be rectified easily or do I need a professional call out?

There are 5 lights running down the side of the soap dispenser.

Number these lights with 1 at the top.

Which numbers are flashing?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the flashing lights would be numbers 2 and 4 together. Also the On/Off light above the button on the far right is also flashing.

Lights 2 and 4 indicate pump blocked or pressure switch stuck on full.

If your machine has stopped full of water you'll need to unplug the appliance and pull it out.

Drop the drain hose into a bucket or wash basin, getting the hose as low as possible.

Raise the hose when you need to empty the container.

Once empty, take off the plastic cover beneath the front panel and check to see if your machine is fitted with a filter. If it is, put a shallow dish in front of it and slacken the filter, tighten it when you need to empty the container. Once empty, take the filter out and remove the debris, ensure nothing is left to foul the pump.

If there is no filter, take the rear panel off, take the hose off the bottom of the tub and take the pump out.

Clean the debris out of both, refit and try the machine again.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thankyou, I found a small plastic bag around the filter. This was much easier than waiting for an engineer. thanks for your speedy response.

Thanks for letting me know the outcome.

So glad you got it going.

Thank you for the payment, it is appreciated.

Good luck with the appliance.