Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

The drive belt has come off of my Hotpoint Aquarias WF000 washing

The drive belt has come off of my Hotpoint Aquarias WF000 washing machine and I was wondering what is the easiest way to put it back on? Just stretching the belt over the motor pully seems to be impossible and I've tried loosening the bolts on the motor to see if it can be adjusted to allow the belt to be slipped back on doesn't seem to work either as the moter refuses to move. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

Hiya,

You'll need a cable tie for this method.

Cable tie the belt to the large pulley.

Loop the belt around the motor shaft.

Turn the drum and get the belt on as far as possible to the large pulley ensuring it is also on the motor shaft.

When you've got to this stage, the drum will be hard to turn but turn it till the belt snaps onto the pulley.

Either snap the cable tie or cut it.

Give it a try, it does work and no cut hands.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hello Fred,

Thanks for replying to me on this. Sorry communications are a bit slow but I don't have an internet connection at the house where the washing machine is. Could you give me a little more detail about how to attach the drive belt to the large pulley on the back of the drum? Afraid I can't quite get my head around what I attach the cable tie to on the pulley.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ian.

HI
Freds away so let me try and help you.
Dont put the belt around the large pulley, just cable tie any piece of the belt to the large pulley, using one of the spokes as an anchor point. Then run the belt around the motor pulley and turn the drum pulley to pull the belt on. Once its on, disconnect the tie.
It is a bit tricky but you are using the drum to lever the belt on

Please click the accept button on Freds answer if this helps you
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks Rob and Fred. As I say, I don't have an internet connection at my house where the washing machine is located but when I get home this evening I will try out this method and hopefully get the thing working again.

Thanks again.

Ian.

HI
No worries,
Dont forget to click on the accept on Freds answer
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Fred & Rob,

Thanks very much for your help with this problem. The cable-tie trick worked a treat.

Best wishes,

Ian.

HI IAn
Glad it worked for you
Thanks for letting us know
Rob