Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a leisure electric range cooker and the conventional

Customer Question

I have a leisure electric range cooker and the conventional oven will not work
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

What you need to do is turn oven on and check weather the top element and the bottom of the oven is getting warm if you notice 1 of them isnt working then this is your problem failing that then you are probley looking at a faulty stat but check the elements as this is more likley your fault. if you need any more info then just get back to me.

regards washerman

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The oven is not getting hot at all and the light is not coming on and the light is working as i have tried it in the oven
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Ok this sounds like you have a fault with the thermostat if the light isnt coming on.

just replace and you should be back to normal.

if you need any more info just get back to me.

regards washerman

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you

I will accept your answer. can you tellme how ro get to the old thermostat. the top of the cooker is a ceramic hob

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

If i remeber rightly there is a few screws at back holding it remove these.

under control panel remove the screws holding it up and remove knobs.

then control panel should come off. from there you will see screws holding top on.

remove these then the top should move so you can get to the thermostat.

regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have put the new thermostat in the cooker, but still not working. on the ordinary oven it clips on to what looks like a regulator to the switch on the outside. Any ideas
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

So on the main oven the stat clips onto the selector switch.

what about the convenational oven is this just a stat on its own.

if it is have a look at the back of oven is there a little t.o.c there

if so check to see weather its open circuit.

regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The fan assisted oven just has athermostat, but The one that isn't working pushes into a brown switch which is used to turn the oven on at the front of the cooker. What is TOC?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Check the selector switch to see if theres any burn marks on it

And the toc is a small 2 lead thermostat usally on the back.

regards