Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

I need to replace the thermostat in a BEKO CN 260 Fridge/Freezer.

Customer Question

I need to replace the thermostat in a BEKO CN 260 Fridge/Freezer. How do I remove the internal light/thermostat housing?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

There is a white pop out screw cover covering one of the screws and the other is behind the lamp and lamp cover.

See the drawing here it may help.

Good luck with the repair.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so far. I haven't yet got the new thermostat. In pushing the old one bach there was some resistance and I had to curl the sensor round in the outer cove to get the housing back. Is that normal? Also the thermostat is turning the condensor on but only when the fridge temperature reaches above 50 degrees farenheight. This is irrespective of where I turn the temperature knob. There is no click from the thermostat no matter whether the condensor is running or not. This is why I'm wanting to replace the stat. Does that seem OK. Sorry I can't afford to pay any more so tell me if you cant help. I will tick the accepted box whatever you tell me - thanks.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

You haven't actually paid until you click accept. Once you do this, you don't have to pay again for the same question.

I'll continue working with you.

Unplug the appliance before working on it.

If the compressor is not coming on at all. Take the thermostat out again and mark the wires according to where they are on the thermostat.

The wires from 4 and 6, take them off and join them together.

Insulate them then plug the appliance in. If the compressor starts then the thermostat is faulty.

Unplug the appliance again and get a new thermostat.

Be very careful with the capillary tube, don't bend it flat and don't snap it, this renders the thermostat useless.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you I have now clicked accept. I hope you get paid! This is the first time I have done this. The compressor DOES come on but only when the Fridge is far too warm 50F+. The freezer is fine and is not thawing. I cannot MAKE the thermostat do anything no matter how I turn the knob. If the compressor is on I cannot make it go off. If the compressor is off I cannot make it come on. The position of the knob ie what number it is on makes no difference as to when the compressor comes on. It just seems to do so at about the 50 mark - I have left a max/min thermometer in the fridge. Turning the knob has no resistance or 'click' cutting in or out. This is why I thought that the thermostat is faulty but not actually dead. Thanks for any advice.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Just spotted your other post.

What is the follow up question?

You've deduced that the thermostat may be faulty and given what you've posted here I would have to agree that the next step would be to replace the thermostat and see if it cures the fault.

Just cancel the other post, any other questions on this fault, just add to this post.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Many thanks for this. I am very satisfied with the help you are giving me. I will order a new thermostat and hope that does the trick. You don't supply spares do you? I'd rather you made a profit than somebody else.

CG

Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, I don't. I just repair the machines.

Good luck with the repair. Hopefully it's just the thermostat at fault.

Thanks