Ask an UK Appliance Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
To clear the code you must first clear the fault.
E38 Water circuit on pressure switches;
To enter diagnostics.
1. Switch off the appliance.
2. Press and hold down START/PAUSE button and the nearest OK button
3. Holding down both buttons, switch the appliance on by turning the programme selector by one position clockwise.
1. Continue to hold down the buttons till the display lights up and the "DIAGNOSTIC
In the first position, the operation of the buttons, the relative LEDs and the LCD display are checked; turning the selector knob clockwise the diagnostic cycle for the operation of the various components and the alarm reading is activated.
To clear the alarm.
1. Select diagnostic mode and turn the programme selector to the tenth position (alarm
reading, the CD display shows only the last alarm while pushing the TEMPERATURE or
SPIN button the history of the last three alarms is displayed).
2. Press the START/PAUSE and the OK button simultaneously
3. Hold down the buttons (at least 5 seconds) till the LCD display shows "E00" (for the first displaying) "E00 E00 E00" for the second option
If the alarm code comes back after clearing it, you have to find the fault.
Hope this helps.
Unless the fault with the pressure system has been fixed then clearing the fault code is only resetting the machine. It will still detect the fault when you start it up again.
Are you now getting a new fault code?
E69 indicates an open circuit element.
Basically, you need to check the wiring to the element and use a multimeter to check and see if the element has gone open circuit. If it has, it will need to be replaced.