Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

how do I reset the computer on my elextrolux ewn14991w washing

how do I reset the computer on my elextrolux ewn14991w washing machine, i need to clear error code e38, I have already checked for blockages in the filter, this happened to me before and the electrolux technichian just reset it.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

To clear the code you must first clear the fault.

E38 Water circuit on pressure switches;

To enter diagnostics.

1. Switch off the appliance.

2. Press and hold down START/PAUSE button and the nearest OK button

3. Holding down both buttons, switch the appliance on by turning the programme selector by one position clockwise.

1. Continue to hold down the buttons till the display lights up and the "DIAGNOSTIC

TEST" appears.

In the first position, the operation of the buttons, the relative LEDs and the LCD display are checked; turning the selector knob clockwise the diagnostic cycle for the operation of the various components and the alarm reading is activated.

To clear the alarm.

1. Select diagnostic mode and turn the programme selector to the tenth position (alarm

reading, the CD display shows only the last alarm while pushing the TEMPERATURE or

SPIN button the history of the last three alarms is displayed).

2. Press the START/PAUSE and the OK button simultaneously

3. Hold down the buttons (at least 5 seconds) till the LCD display shows "E00" (for the first displaying) "E00 E00 E00" for the second option

If the alarm code comes back after clearing it, you have to find the fault.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your quick response, that cleared the error code, but when we clear clear it, the machine is still hanging, I think we will have to call out an engineer unless you have any further advice?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Unless the fault with the pressure system has been fixed then clearing the fault code is only resetting the machine. It will still detect the fault when you start it up again.

Are you now getting a new fault code?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I am getting error code E69 now, does that help?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

E69 indicates an open circuit element.

Basically, you need to check the wiring to the element and use a multimeter to check and see if the element has gone open circuit. If it has, it will need to be replaced.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry you last reply just said "H"?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I did get your reply I just read it wrong, thanks again.