Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

My washing machine a zanussi Jetsystem 1200 xc, when it had

Customer Question

My washing machine a zanussi Jetsystem 1200 xc, when it had finished a cycle, at some point I cannot identify, blew its fuse and the fusebox and now when I try to switch it on, makes the door connection noise,and beeps at me. No matter what part of the cycle I select, it goes back to the beginning one, where it carries on making the door connecting noise for a little while, before stopping, and then beeps and flashes as though it were finished a cycle. Can you help ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the model and product numbers please?

Prefix the product number with A otherwise it will be crossed out.

Also, what lights are flashing at you?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The light that I select for the cycle stage /selection flashes and the pause button flashes. The sales receipt shows 00826595 Zanussi FJ1254W.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Does your machine have a digital numerical display?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

We need to try and retrieve the stored error code.

Press and hold the start/pause and skip buttons and switch on the appliance. It will bleep or flash, when it does let go of the two buttons. The leds will now scroll. Press the temperature button until you get the 2nd bottom led of the 2nd column of leds lit.

Once you have this look at the 8 leds on the right hand side. Number 1 at the top, post which ones are flashing.

Once you have this code, switch off, switch on and switch off again.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The no. 5 spin light is lit up, and the no. 7 light is lit, but neither is flashing. Hope this helps.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, it's not giving an error code.

That would point to it being a fault in the main pcb.

Unplug the appliance from the wall socket.

Pull the machine out and take the lid off.

Front right is the pcb, try taking the connections off 1 at a time and plugging them back on.

As it's an expensive part it may be prudent to have someone come in and do a "hands on" diagnosis.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot see which bit you mean, front right. There is a block of what lmay be connections front left, but I am not sure how to unplug them.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Diagram

Item 587 is the pcb, it hangs at the front right of the machine (when viewed from the front).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not know which bits are the connections I should try and unplug. There are various items they could be. The one toppish front, I cannot get hold of as it is surrounded by various encasement. The bottom one does not seem to come off with firm but gentle wiggling and pulling. I do not want to excert force incase I break it.There are also ones at the bottom back, with loads of wires, which I cannot see very well to see if they could come off. .Please help as I don't want to pull to hard and break it.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

I'm sorry you can't unplug the wiring.

All I can suggest is having an engineer come in to do a "hands on" diagnosis.

A replacement pcb is an expensive item and in this instance it would be worth the extra to ensure only the parts required are fitted.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there no diagram which shows what should be unplugged? Thanks
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, there are no diagrams like that.

Unplugging and plugging connectors back on is a last desperate idea, it's not certain that this would work.

Sorry,

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
managed to disconnect and reconnect the connectors, but it still does not work. It is still repeating the noise it makes right at the beginning of the cycle when the door connection engages / same noise aswhen it releases the door and allows you to open it.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

I did say it was a last desperate idea.

With there being no error code, or us being unable to obtain it, it looks as though the main pcb is at fault.

Again, it may be prudent to get someone in to do a "hands on" diagnosis. I wouldn't want you buying a part that wasn't required.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When the second from bottom temperature button is lit, buttons nos. 2 and 8 flash. Is this any help?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Error code 41.

That's a faulty door lock, wiring or main pcb.

It could possibly be the door lock. That's not so expensive an item and may be worth trying.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for the payment. It's very much appreciated.

If you go for a door lock and need assistance fitting it, just ask your question on this thread and I'll carry on helping.

Thanks