Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

my hotpoint nouvelle 6102 oven will not switch on- I think

Customer Question

my hotpoint nouvelle 6102 oven will not switch on- I think its something to do with the timer. The grill works and when you turn the heat on the fan comes on, but no heat... help!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  MasterAppliance replied 7 years ago.
is this a gas oven?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 7 years ago.

Hiya,

It's not your timer at fault. More likely to be the circular element in the oven.

Isolate the supply to the cooker.

Inside the oven, remove the 4 screws (maybe more) holding the back plate on, take the backplate out to reveal the element.

If you are lucky you will just have to take out the screw(s) holding the element in place, then, carefully bring it into the oven with it's wiring attached. Transfer the wiring to the new element and refit to the machine. Refit the back plate and your oven will be fixed.

If you are unlucky, you'll have to take the oven out of it's housing, remove the back panel and take the securing nuts off the element.

Hope this helps

Thanks