Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

zanussi freestanding cooker zce7701x replacing old thermastat

zanussi freestanding cooker zce7701x replacing old thermastat et46th with et51 wiring old pin 2 to a on 51, old pin f to b on 51, old pins g/h to c on 51, it says link from g/h to 6 to remove or sever but there is no link from g/h pin 6 is on its own on the old et46th would like your opinion what to do thanks very much
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Is this the top or main oven stat?

What is the serial number of your machine? Prefix the serial with the letter A or it will be crossed out by the site.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it is the main oven

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it is the main oven serial no A 23500181

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
old et46th as pins 2,and pin 6, and pin F, and pins G/H together two wires, instructions for new et51 type says pin 2 to A on new et51, pin F to B on new et51, G/H to pin C on new et51 and link G/h to pin 6old stat remove or sever but ther is no link from G/H to 6 on old stat it as cable on pin 6 seperate
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
still waiting for reply
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

I know the old switch / stat has 4 connections.

2, 6, f/g and H

Can you tell me all the contacts on the new switch and any I've missed on the old one?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
new ET 51 switch as three connections A, B (two terminals), C (two terminals)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
instructions for f/freestanding appliances with no timer( these are paper instructions supplied with ET 51) . remove connection 2 and connect to A on new stat, remove connection F and connect to B on new stat, remove connection G/H and connect to C, link from G/H to 6 remove or sever
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry to keep asking questions, just want to get everything straight.

I'm now confused as I see on the diagram the wire on 6 is from 6 on the timer. Unfortunately I don't have a switch to meter out to see if 2 is switching through to 6.

I'll have to try and email a contact within Zanussi to see if I can get a clear answer on this one.

I'll get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
have got more instructions now as follows. remove connection(double tag) from 5 timer and connect to C on new stat, then cut off small link (F), remove connection 2 and connect to timer (5), remove connection from 6 and connect to A on new stat, remove connection from G/H and connect to B on new stat. also 2 does switch through to 6
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you meter the new switch please.

B switches to C but where does A switch to?

If you can tell me the combination of switching we'll manage to work this out.

The new instructions do make more sense but the wiring diagram I have doesn't show me internal switching on the timer.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for your reply - A connected to 6 on timer
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

I got a reply from a contact at Zanussi and he gave this information.

Take cables from H on old stat and fit to B on new stat.

Take cable from 6 on old stat and fit to A on new stat.

Cut off link wire from 5 on timer to F on Thermostat. (Shorter wire of the two).

Take cable from 5 on timer and fit to C on new stat.

Take cables from 2 on old stat and fit to 5 on timer.

This seems to match up to the 2nd set of instructions you posted.

It also looks ok when compared to the wiring diagram for the appliance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.