Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I know now there is an outside port so to speak to hook up

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i know now there is an outside port so to speak to hook up cable so that I don't have to bring my tv cable through my window. My mom said there is a port that will connect it from the exterior. Is that correct. Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I don't believe so. Thank you:)
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?
Are you wanting to use it with an antenna?
Or do you actually subscribe to cable or satellite service?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello Nathan,That's not the issue. My parents had boats most of their adult life. I now have one and am a liveaboard. My mom came to visit and noted my cable line was coming through my window so that I can't close my large windo in the salon. She said there is a port on the external side of the boat that I can connect to. I have noted there is a silver cover on both port and starboard about midship but am not sure if this is where I can open up to connect the cable
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No it's to early. It's 420 AM here now
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for confirming, the initial question was not clear that this was a boat.

Most large boats would have an external cable feed for use while docked. Without a brand/model that is difficult to tell you exactly where, but it would typically be near the shore power connections. You'll need to open the cover/compartments in that area and look for the coax port to connect the cable. If you find one there, then there should also be a coax wall jack inside at the tv location that you would hook the tv to.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.