Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I changed out my t-con board as well as the power supply

i changed out my t-con board as well as the power supply board.I have a LN46A530 P1FXZA. the television comes on a talks although its still showing correctly. picture is clear on one side a double on the other side
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: samsung LN46A530P1FXZA about 8-10 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes, yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: its been a while because i had stop using it. I turned it off one night and when I turned it on the picture did not come in clearly. it had colorful vertical lines fading in and out
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: when it warms up it plays clear on over half of the screen but the left side copies whats on the right side with the color off a bit. it also flickers and rolls. then the picture comes back clear

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is the on-screen menu also affected by the problem?

If so, the display cables may be slightly loose, and are expanding in their sockets and making a better connection once the TV warms up.

You could try fitting a small piece of tape to the non-contact of the display cables to help make them thicker and therefore a better connection will result.