Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Our M60-C3 TV is zoomed in and cutting off a large portion

Customer Question

Our M60-C3 TV is zoomed in and cutting off a large portion of the top and bottom of the screen. We have the original remote and we also have Direct TV
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

On most directv remotes it is the * button.

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,
and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting
typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide
and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
None of those are an option on our remote unfortunately. When we switch it over to our Apple TV the picture is normal... not sure if that helps?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

It does help, and it does also confirm that the problem is the box.

Do you know which dtv remote you have?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Possibly RC73? That is the only marking on the outside of the remote.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for checking, that is a basic model remote, which means you may have an old standard def (not HD) box which doesn't support any other formats.

what you would try here though is going into the dtv menu and look for the picture/display settings, and set it there to be the 16:9 format, but may also have to try fit or crop

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 day ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.