Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a panasonic plasma tv 2005, still a great tv. Would

Customer Question

I have a panasonic plasma tv 2005, still a great tv. Would like to hook up a dvd blue ray wi fi to it. Sony. How please
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Yes, it is model # th-37px50U date Oct. 2005
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a couple days just bought new sony blu ray dvd player it turns on but i have a hdmi connected to it but on tv hdmi is grey and i am not sure what channel or source i should be on
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just trying get it to play so i can set up and watch dvds
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

On this set, before you can use the HDMI Input, you need to go into the TV's setup menu and "label" or "name" the HDMI Input. These steps can be viewed and followed at the link below on page 34 (view Input Label):

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/pdf/TH37PX50U.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Do you need further help here?