hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

I have a Grundig tv which has a dvd slot on the left hand

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a Grundig tv which has a dvd slot on the left hand side. It's been wall mounted for about 4 years now. I have a remote to the foxtel in my bedroom which works fine, but I can't get free to air tv. I've tried to set it on DTV which I think is the setting to use, but I'm getting no signal message. Please help. Cheers Toni
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: Hi Pearl, it's a Grundig, but because it's wall mounted I think that the model must be behind the mounting. I don't have a manual either. The remote for it doesn't work so I have to use the side buttons, I bought a replacement remote but a tv tech. couldn't get it to connect. Sorry.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I know that the foxtel connection works fine/. I'
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried to change channels on the DTV with up down buttons, but I still have no signal. Sorry. thanks
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 13 days ago.

Hello there please tell me how you watch Foxtel on this TV? What input do you use...HDMI or AV perhaps or is it the TV aerial input?

You will need an roof aerial to provide the free to air (FTA) signal to the TV.

​Either this signal will go into the aerial input on the back of the TV, or on the aerial input on your Foxtel box.