Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have my tv on the 16:9 standard and it's still cutting off

Customer Question

I have my tv on the 16:9 standard and it's still cutting off the scores of sporting events. HALP
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a hitachi ultra vision digital. My grandparents say it's around 15ish years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes. On every aspect it still cuts off some of the sides
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been this way for a year or so and I always try to fix it when I'm home and I thought I would give it another shot
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

What's the model number off of the back of this Hitachi?

Also, what's connected to it- a cable box, satellite box, whom is the cable provider?

What remote have you been trying to use to fix the issue- the original TV remote, or the cable remote?

Please reply back with these details and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Simply send a reply back if you need help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I attached a picture of the back of the tv for the model number. Hooked to Satellite (direct tv). I've been using my directv remote as I have no luck with the hitachi one. No menu button
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

There's no picture attached here, When using the DirecTv remote, follow the steps at the link below:

https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-DVR-Receivers/Picture-will-not-fill-screen/td-p/4399648

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pics won't attach. Model number 65SWX20B
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay thanks. Did you click the link and try those steps yet?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you still with me here? Please send a reply back and let me know where you're at.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've been messing with it for a bit and I'm still not having any luck and I went thru every option available. :(
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay, I simply asked you to try the steps at that link and then reply back- so I could find some more steps for you. So you did those exact steps above or.....?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

On the original Hitachi remote there is an "Aspect" button. Make sure the batteries are good in the Hitachi remote and press the Aspect button. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when I hit aspect it just shows me my settings. Nothing is clickable nor is there an up or down button. I followed the directions as closely as possible using the options available
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
For the direct tv remote