Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Our TV just stopped working. Have tried using both handsets

Customer Question

Hello Our TV just stopped working. Have tried using both handsets and had cable box rebooted but screen is still blank
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: Will have to look at back of tv will be a minute or two. It happened about 20 minutes ago
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It is a plasma hdtv from 2012 and have had cable box rebooted and tried to use both remotes but no luck
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is there any power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?

I will also need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the power light is blinking 8 times then pauses and resumes 8 times . Model number isTC P5out50
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK

I am not available by phone sorry, message sent by the site, another tech may take that up

That is normally a problem with the SS board inside the set now there are checks to be made to verify that but as it stands at present that board is most suspect, if you can do work your self (use a volt-ohm meter)I will be happy to help, cost of board will be around $100, if you are not comfortable with this then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpro.com will locate a tech in your area,I am sorry this is not something easier, if you need further clarification or more help let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok any ideas

Please read above

Please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks

Your welcome about the only thing you can do in case its erroneous is reboot the set unplug from wallpower wit 5 minss replug back in again if no joy answer is correct and work will need to be done