Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My tv will not turn on, The light wont come on whether i try

Customer Question

My tv will not turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: The light wont come on whether i try to turn it on manually or with a remote
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No. Led 4680 46"
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened. Just started yesterday
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Hello

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set you have bypassed any surge limiter you are using and gone right to the wall, also moved the set to another socket, the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info, sorry its nothing easier

Regards

Anthony

Please at this point could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days, it will not close

Many Thanks

Anthony

Your only real chance is a reboot of the set unplug from wallpower replug back in after 5 mins however its my belief that will not be enough