Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

WE HAVE SERVICE AND THE tv IN OUR BEDROOM IS ok. tHE ONE IN

Customer Question

wE HAVE COX SERVICE AND THE tv IN OUR BEDROOM IS ok. tHE ONE IN THE FAMILY ROOM DOESN'T LOAD THE SIGNAL. a SIGN COMES ON NO CABLE CONNECTION. tHE cox BOX APPEARS TO BE /OK AND THE CONNECTIONS ALL APPEAR TO BE PROPERLY SET UP.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Toshiba - ABOUT FOUR YEARS OLD
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tHE CABLE MENU WORKS AND THE OTHER tv IS OK
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: sTARTED THIS LAST WEEKEND AND I DO NOT RECALL ANY OTHER ISSUES
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: NOT THAT I KNOW OF
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

The No Signal/No cable connection message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

Let me know what happens.

If you still have no luck, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV, the model of the cable box, and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.

If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.