Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

When I turn on my tv using the remote, the light in the

Customer Question

When I turn on my tv using the remote, the green light in the bottom left corner comes on, then the V in the center of the screen but the green light fades until it is gone, then the HDML- 1 comes on in the upper right corner, but there is no sound or picture. The cable light comes on on the cable box and the red light comes on to indicate it is recording but never a picture or sound.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right expert for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Vizio, model E390i-A1. I received it Dec. 2013.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I tried the input. It will cycle from one to another - tv, hdml-1, etc, - but I get nothing. On tv I get no signal.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The tv was working fine on Friday pm but this happened on Saturday pm when I turned it on. No storms, et.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

What happens next? does the tv stay on? Is there an error message? is it a blue screen?.....