Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung tv model # UN39FH5000FXZA i do not have my

Customer Question

i have a Samsung tv model # UN39FH5000FXZA i do not have my Samsong remote. we have switch to DISH tv and want to program the DISH remote. peeps say we must have the Samsung remote. surely there is a way to do this without the tv's remote. we have the DISH remote only
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 4 years. yes, we have unplugged. nothing
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no tv menu does not show. no, just my tv.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it says manufactured July 2013
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: a solution to my problem???
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

There's no need for the Samsung remote to turn the TV on- there's a manual power button located on the lower right hand rear corner of the TV (facing the front- reach around to the lower right hand rear corner and press it once to turn the TV on).

Then you simply need to follow DISH instructions at the link below. Start off by selecting your remote, and then follow the on screen instructions to program the remote to your Samsung TV:

https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/how-to/program-to-tvother

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need anything else today?