Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Rca 24 inch Flat screen powers on and shows 107-407 in a box

Customer Question

Rca 24 inch Flat screen powers on and shows 107-407 in a box in top ightt hand corner.Tthen screen goes black. will not respond to any remote buttons. will not turn off
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: model #RLED2445A-H TV is less than 3 yrs old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No nothing works. All other tvs on other inputs are fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last nite. TV was on. Went to change channels. not sure if I hit the "last" button or a channel number
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Who is your cable provider and what remote were you using when the problem occurred (cable remote or original TV remote)?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Reply back if you need help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This did not help me at all
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I can't help you if you don't communicate back to me. You replied back nearly 24 hours later with this.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you do need help- then I suggest replying back with the information requested.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Please reply back if you still need assistance with this question.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cable provider is Access Communications. Remote is the one that came with the TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did that last night. Twice.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, press menu button on TV remote (not on cable remote), does TV show up menu screen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, it seems TV main board has got internal failure which is causing the problem, replacement of main board in TV will fix the problem. I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. But I get the feeling that it's in the remote. Like something is frozen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

If TV operates through control buttons on TV itself then it could be issue within remote which isn't working with TV.

Are you able to operate the TV through control buttons on TV itself?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

If TV doesn't work when press power button on TV itself then it is not an issue of remote control but with in TV.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tv will lGo on and off with tv button, but channels will not change. Channels Remain frozen as described earler
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Nice, press menu button on TV, do you get menu screen?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

If menu screen show up then use cable remote to see if it changes channels?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No screen remains blank. If I unplug and plug in again and power up , the same channel numbers always appear... 107_407 in upper right. Then in 5 seconds they disappear
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I'm afraid it is TV main board failure as I mentioned in my previous reply.

It seems TV main board has got internal failure which is causing the problem, replacement of main board in TV will fix the problem. I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, I just picked up the remote and punched very hard, the on/ off and channel button plus a few more. The batteries were not in. They had been out for awhile. I put batteries back in. Tried it. Everything works.!!!! So???
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

So your TV is fine, I never knew your remote is out of batteries.

Sounds good that problem is resolved.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I'm still thinking that why TV wasn't working through control buttons on TV itself.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No the batteries had been in the remote every time I tried it. I just took them out to test them again then put them back in