Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 45" Zenith Flatscreen TV WHEN I TURN ON THE POWER

Customer Question

I have a 45" Zenith Flatscreen TV WHEN I TURN ON THE POWER IT COMES ON AND STAY ON APPROXMIALY 5 MIN. THEN IT GOES OFF IMMEDIATELY, IT ABOUT 5 YRS. OLD.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: IT A ZENITH. AND A FIRST TIME PROBLEM
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: MENU AND IMPUT WORKS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ONE WEEK
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Please provide basic info requested in previous reply to proceed further.

Thanks for phone call assistance request that seems bit early at this stage.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if it going to cost an extra $26. no do not call, let go on emailing
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Yes, phone call will cost you extra $26 and we can continue here in text chat format to troubleshoot the problem.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Let me repeat the requested info..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the serial no. is 006RNE5G639 (2459) DESERIE
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Model number please, it would be written nearby serial number.

Also, What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
POWER AC 100-240 50/60 H33.62A PLASMATV Z5OPJ240 SVC CODE 250PJ240UBAUSLZUR
THIS IS ALL THE I HAVE ON IT.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ITS A ZENITH PLASMA TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the info.

When TV shuts Off itself, does it turn back On itself or needs to push power button to get it On?

Also, does it show normal picture with sound when turn back On?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I NEED TO PUSH THE POWER BUTTON AGAIN TO TURN IT ON AGAIN. FYI, I HAVE A CABLE BOX AND A DVD BOX CONNECTED TO THIS TV ALSO
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, lets try easy thing first.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'VE DONE ALL OF THE ABOVE SEVERAL TIMES
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer.

OK, do you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit board inside TV if want to troubleshoot the problem yourself OR want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info from local TV repair shop?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I CAN NOT DO IT ON MY OWN AND IF THAT ALL YOU CAN DO TO HEIP ME , I THINK YOU GUYS ARE A RIP OFF. YOU DIDN'T DO ANTHING DIFFERENT THAT I DID DO MYSELF. I WILL CALL IN AN CANCLE THIS TRANSACTION BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT HELP ME. YOU ARE A RIP OFF AND I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW NOT TO USE THIS SERVICES. I WANT MY MONEY RETURN TO MY CARD TODAY.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry if you felt it that way, I wish if I could put my hands on your TV from here through internet to test/ check volts inside TV and replace bad board to get it fixed for you but unfortunately it is not possible.

Please contact customer service at given link/ number for any billing/ money matters as I have no control over such things.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
USA:(###) ###-####/p>

Thanks.