Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My tv will not give me channels to wat. All I get in the

Customer Question

my tv will not give me channels to wat. All I get in the right hand corner is message that reads "no signal. check the external input or select another input using the import button"
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Sony. just today
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have change every cord
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i getting mad and frustrated
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Changing cords generally isn't the fix for a No Signal message, however changing the Input the TV is set to or rebooting your cable box usually is. Since I don't have any details posted here, I need to ask the following:

1) What's the model number off of the back of the Sony?

2) What's connected to it (Cable Box, DISH Box, etc.)?

3) What specific input is the box plugged into (HDMI, etc.)?

4) Do you have the original Sony remote?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

If you still have no luck, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV, the model of the cable box, and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.