Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics
20508815

Can one get rid of ads on this kind of tv? If so, how? sony,

Customer Question

Can one get rid of ads on this kind of tv? If so, how?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: sony, Bravia, 3 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ever since we have had the set.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I just want get rid of adds on all programs.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

What is the model number printed on the back of the tv?

Do you have the original Sony Tv remote?

What exactly do the adds on the screen say?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
KDL-40EX500, yes, many different things. I want to stop all ads!
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Please be specific, give me some examples of the "adds" you are seeing on the screen.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ads from every sort of company, from donation requests to soap ads.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Um, are you talking about commercials while watching tv shows?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service which costs an EXTRA $26 on top of your current question.

A phone call is NOT needed to obtain a written answer. This offer was not sent by me, and I am not available by phone.

In the mean time we can continue our chat...

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Are you talking about commercials while watching tv shows?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Who told you it was possible to remove commercials?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all commercial Ads!
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No one. I am just so irritated, I'm ready to throw the TV away?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm trying to find out if they can be removed, and if so, how!
Expert:  Joe replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

It is not possible to get rid of commercials, the only way to not see them is to fast forward such as by recording what you want to watch and then when playing it back you fast forward through the ads. Everyone hates ads, they are ridiculous but there is nothing we can do about them, hour shows consist of 30 mins of commercials and 30 of the show, it's sad. Hopefully one day they will do it too much and everyone will get fed up as right now they just keep getting worse and worse.

It is not your tv it is instead your tv/cable provider, even over the air channels have the same problem. This is another reason so many people are going to netflix and firetv, etc.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate your sensitive response. Do different tv/cable providers have different ad policies. I shal be glad to donate to you. Tell me how.Dr j. lambert
Expert:  Joe replied 2 months ago.

I wish they did, I'd be the first to sign up for ad free, funny thing is that maybe one day that's what they are doing so they can gouge us all. I remember hearing stories of way back in the day when they first came out with cable they told everyone that it was going to be a paid service but would be commercial free, sad that were never true. And it seems like it only gets worse and worse, and I think they make really cool shows we all love to hook us into paying. I am just about at the point ready to give up on cable/sat and go with netflix again or firetv, or something like that as to pay so much per month and have ads just isn't fair to the consumers.

I lost my father to a drunk driver just a little over a year ago and we are simplifying our lives including things that we all pay for that just cost too much including our home and moving back up north for a smaller more simple life, as there is just so much more out there to enjoy then being stuck in the circle..... but that's just us.

I think soon we will be at a point we will all have just pay as we watch as the future and technology is just getting very advanced, now a days not many things can be done without a computer.

You can simply click the rate button when you are ready.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to let me know at any time. I can also followup with a phone call at just about any time as well just please bare in mind I am on EST time.

Otherwise, thank you and have a great night Dr. Lambert!