Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Visio tv has beautiful picture but no sound. Can you

Customer Question

My Visio tv has beautiful picture but no sound. Can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have a status code 225.1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: m260va is model number
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Picture seemed to split up in horizontal lines
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am using a Cisco remote
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.
Please send me a hello in the mean time so i know you are there ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable ,cable box with remote or satellite box ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Tried to accept your phone request but there seems to be a problem with payments and although I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the charges and declined them ,this is usually due to the second charge from the website, you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this legit? I work for the FBI
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

LOL , been doing work here since 2009 and the website has been here since 2003

Believe me , I`m a real tech. with over 40 years experience , now can you please answer my question ?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.