Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Model 42HDS69 Red power light is on but cannot turn tv on.

Customer Question

JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Hitachi.42HDS69. Set will not always come on. Some times a couple on/off switching will get desired results. This time that did not work. However the next day it did.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Been this way periodically for over a year. Repeatedly turning on/off eventually works
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If this is due to a plug in unit perhaps I can purchase and home repair.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

This is caused by a faulty Mainboard in the set- and requires replacement of this board. The mainboard provides the turn on/off command in the set to pull it out of standby. I am searching for a link to that part now.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The Digital mainboard for your set can be purchased at the link below to repair the set for this issue. The turn on command is generated on this board (it contains the microprocessor that controls all of these commands) and is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering is needed to replace it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitachi-42HDS69-TV-Digital-Main-Board-MDK-336V-0-/182437359096?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275#viTabs_0

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?