Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Its not MY tv its my bluray plAYER, Sony BDP-S7200

Customer Question

its not MY tv its my bluray plAYER
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sony BDP-S7200 #12122907
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No it stopped playing and will not come on with remote or manually check all cables and outletss
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last nigh 16 Apr
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all I purchased it Sept 2016
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Please try a hard reset of the player as follows:

1) Unplug the unit's power cord from the wall.

2) Press and hold the On/Standby button on the left hand front of the unit for 15 seconds and release.

3) Wait a minute.

4) Plug the power cord back in and press On/Standby once.

Let me know if it powers up.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

I'm sorry I'm unavailable by phone- the website sends that offer without my consent. Were you able to try those steps? Please reply back on this page as to where you are stuck.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Please send a reply back.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok give me a few seconds please the unit came back on but can't get netflex or hulu
Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Okay. Were you able to get Netflix and Hulu before- were they already setup and working on this player (I have no way of knowing)?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was watching netflex when it shut down
Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Offhand this points to a defective/faulty player and you will likely need to have this serviced by Sony. On a user level, you can go into the "Easy Network Settings", then perform a "Reset to Factory Settings" then setup the player as if it were new (this is outlined in the manual on page 33 of the manual at the link below):

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4535717211.pdf

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok because cd will not play either I will try factory reset thanks for your help
Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

If you're still having the same issue beyond that then you would need to start a warranty repair ticket on the Sony by using the link below:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

I'm sorry there's not a quick fix beyond those steps. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the diagnosis of the Sony- I can only help by pointing you in the right direction with regards ***** ***** fix.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?