Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have been having issues for some time with my TV in

Hi Pearl. I have been having issues for some time with my TV in Bedroom. When I turn on the tv, get fuzzy picture then picture but no sound. Directv new box and I had them out and said wasn;t receciver. I purchased new tv bbut same problem. I changed HDMI cable and still the same. When I unplug HDMI and plug back in sound comes and all fine. I have a rocketfish splitter which goes to another tv in kitchen but no problems with it.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Yes, recently started. I had a Sony tv which is rather old and the samsung I bought is a LED smart TV model 6200
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Once I unplug and plug cable in. All works.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: couple of months. I was thinking perhaps the rocketfish splitter may need to be replaced
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: think thats it.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

The only way to know if the Rocketfish splitter is the cause is to bypass it and connect the Samsung TV directly to the cable box as a TEST and see if this cures the issue. There's no other method to test whether the TV or the splitter is the root cause without removing the splitter from the mix. If you find a direct connection (you can try moving the TV to the cable box or the cable box to the TV) shows a clear picture and sound consistently- then you know the Rocketfish splitter is the root cause of the issue and would need to be replaced.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further help?