Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I'm trying to use a new Amazon Firestick on my TV. It is

I'm trying to use a new Amazon Firestick on my TV. It is plugged into the HDMI1 port on the back. when I use the remote to change the input, the only two inputs available are HDMI3 and Video. HDMI1 and HDMI2 are grayed out and therefore not available to select.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: TC-L32X1 Yes I've tried several things. at one point after giving up, i was holding the firestick remote and it actually switched to HDMI1. I have no idea what i did other than press a button (I think i was checking the batteries when it happened). I have not been able to duplicate it.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the tv menu works. when using the panasonic remote to swtich inputs, the only two that appear as available are HDMI3 and Video as mentioned.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the firestick is new. No previous issues that i know of but we don't usually try to switch inputs on this TV
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Just to clarify, if plug in available/ working HDMI input, do you get firestick home screen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't understand your question. I can send a picture of the TV screen after pressing the input button. HDMI 1 is grayed out. Somehow, and I don't know how i did it, I managed to switch to the HDMI1 input, and I got the firestick home screen and actually set it up. I can't get to the DHMI1 input no matter what I've tried.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you still there?

OK, there are two possibilities, either HDMI input is disabled or locked.

Lets try to enable HDMI inputs.

I'm typing info for you, give me a minute please.

Press Menu on TV remote to get menu screen then go to Setup option and select Input Labels option then select HDMI input that you get grayed out and give it a label to enable it. Do the same to other HDMI input as well.

Now press menu button to close the menu and press Input button to get input source list, are the HDMI inputs still grayed out or are you able to select them?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but I had to call the two input (HDMI1 and HDMI2) "game". is that okay?

Yes, any label of your choice will work.

Please do not select Skip/Hidden/Disable option in those labels as this will disable the video input/ grayed out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that seemed to work

Excellent, glad to know problem is resolved. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.