Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

2 days ago I was listening to music all of a sudden I had

2 days ago I was listening to music all of a sudden I had music and no picture. When I turned it on again later, same thing. I started trying to get it back by pressing buttons, and now I have no picture, no music. I have unplugged it several times, took the HDMI cable out of both TV and comcast box, still nothing
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: RCA, 32" TV?DVD 32" TV/DVD never had a problem before. I bought it July 2016
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: there is no picture at all, so nothing workds
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 days ago, all was fine, listening to music, out of the blue music stayed but no picture
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just want to watch tv again and listen to my music

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't get a picture so no input sources are available

This is basic info to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
5516-DK32G45A401979

I'm afraid it seems serial number of TV, I need model number that would be written nearby.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
LRK32G45RQD

Thanks, ***** ***** it, give me 5 minutes please.

I also got phone call assistance request, it would cost you additional $26 so please confirm to proceed for it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like to do it online, if possible?

Sure, just ignore the phone call offer.

Does TV power stay On when press power button?
Also, shine a good flash light on TV screen bit closely, press volume or menu button and observe any faint/ dim image inside screen.

Do you get any thing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
tv power stays on no faint lines

OK, it seems main board of TV has got internal failure and causing the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you as TV should have 12 months warranty.

If TV is out of warranty then main board replacement would cost around $200 plus which is more than new TV price of same size so you would be better off with a new TV as 32 inch LCD would be available around $125 or so. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i can tell the tv is on only by a lighter gray/black on the screen

Thanks for additional info that also suspect it could be t-con board failure which is part of screen so it could be either screen or main board failure. I would strongly recommend to check TV warranty status and get warranty cover that wont cost you any money to get replacement TV.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work at website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks Shahid.
Have a good day

You're welcome, I wish I had better news about TV problem.

Wish you good luck!

Shahid.