Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Not able to use the vizio remote to get a satisfactory

Not able to use the vizio remote to get a satisfactory aspect.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: E370VT 3-4 yrs old...I guess
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works....Do you mean all channels?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since day one
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

What are you running on the set where the aspect is bad please (cable box/SAT box, antenna, APPS, etc.)?

I'm not available by phone. Can you please reply back by typing what source you're viewing on this page so I can help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dish network

Okay, you're going to adjust the picture size in the DISH settings. Let me pull that up for you.

Those settings are going to depend on which DISH remote you use, so I will post all of the steps here. If you cannot fix the issue with these steps- simply reply back and we can continue.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Are you still having the same problem?

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My wife read the messages we wrote to each other and tried the * key on the Dish remote. It seems to have fixed the problem.

Excellent and I'm glad to hear that.