Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a brand new Samsung 49" KS8000 TV The remote turns TV

I have a brand new Samsung 49" KS8000 TV The remote turns TV on and Off but nothing else. It seems to want to "pair" but no instructions how
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It is brand new.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Can not get past select language Only thing remote does is On Off no enter or select up or down.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Brand new TV Nothing happened powered up out of the box
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It seems that the remote is not "Pairing" with the TV any steps to make that happen

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

TV remote should pair automatically when turn On TV first time, however, if it doesn't happen then you can pair is manually. Press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons on remote simultaneously for 3 seconds or more. Both buttons have symbols of return and play/pause.

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
that worked - perfect Thanks

Excellent, glad to know it worked and problem resolved. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work at website.
Thank you.