Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Screen and audio goes blank every 7 seconds for 2 seconds at

screen and audio goes blank every 7 seconds for 2 seconds at a time only when on dish network. using samsung smat tv
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: bought it in nov. 2016 and no i have not. It works fine with every thing else, blu ray, vudu, netflix
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu works, and no the problem is only with dish, i have tried the dish box on another tv and it works fine and i tried the other tv's dish box on the samsung and the same problem happens
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing out ofthe ordinary. it just started happening. and it only started last night
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.

When the screen blanks out , can you pull up the TV's own menu ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the screen only goes blank for 2 seconds at at time, not enough time to pull up menus

By the way , never mind the unplugging a few hours suggestion , you were greeted by a computer anyway and that would be totally redundant here

O.k but if it happens only on direct tv then it doesn`t look good for that receiver

Is it connected HDMI to the tv ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is connected to hdmi, bbut it is Dish not direct tv

Sorry , my bad , same diagnostic though

The blueray must be connected hdmi as well

Can you try to connect the DISH box into the bluerays input using the same cable and set your tv there to se if it will stop or keep doing it ?

You can just swap the cables at the back of the tv if it is easier

If it keeps doing it after switching input and hdmi cable then try to reboot it by pulling out its power cord a minute .

If that doesn`t correct it then it will be time to contact dish for a replacement .

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

TIA for a positive rating , much appreciated taking into consideration that this works on the honor system.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok that worked. I feel stupid for not thinking of trying that when i was switching boxes around earlier.

Great , glad to hear that

Thanks for the rating