Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My JVC TV was working fine and I moved it to the living room

My JVC TV was working fine and I moved it to the living room this morning..when I powered it up it flashes colors at me and I have not been able to get it out of this mode
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: LT-32DV20
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I bought it this year used.. I have no idea
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I can't access the menu . It was working fine
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: All I did was move it to another room

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately, sometimes only unplugging these newer sets is the only catalyst needed to cause the processor to fail (which requires replacement of the Mainboard- since it's stuck in color test pattern mode).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did as you suggested and no results.

I'm sorry to hear that, and besides unplugging the set for several hours in the hopes the processor resets- that is all you can do on a user level. You're not able to get the set's MENU to display using it's own remote- correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I only have a universal remote. Not the original.

Universal remote used to pull up the volume and change inputs on the set right? If so, then can you still do that- or no?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The universal remote did all functions necessary. But now that it is flashing colors , it responds to nothing

Right, that's what I thought. This does mean the TV's Mainboard has failed and there are no pushbutton fixes for this. To repair the TV the part at the link below needs to be replaced. It's a plug and play part- meaning no special tools or soldering are needed, but it does require removing the entire back of the TV to access and replace it:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Jvc-LT-32DV20-Main-Board-A94F5UH-BA94F0G4011/438237712?goog_pla=1&gpid=173784728461&keyword=&goog_pla=1&pos=1o2&ad_type=pla&gclid=Cj0KEQiAuJXFBRDirIGnpZLE-N4BEiQAqV0KGk4KJayFPfIMgA8KkZshzn3667xH7k9WVCDXRDJ2MTUaAt4M8P8HAQ

Otherwise, a shop will charge close to $200 parts and labor for this repair- and it's not cost effective since a brand new 32" LED Smart TV can be purchased for the same cost.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is absolutely crazy that by placing my TV into a different room , this major problem has occurred.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Was the cost only $5?

I agree, but it happens and it happened unfortunately. There's nothing we can do on that end, all I can do is tell you what needs to be done to repair it at this point.

I’m a user of the site like you, so I don’t have any insight into your account, billing, or what you’re seeing on your end. You can contact Customer Service directly at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help if you’d like.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you

You're welcome.