Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My red light is blinking on Samsung smart tv and no picture,

my red light is blinking on Samsung smart tv and no picture
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 2 yrs and no I havent
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i never tried other inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i got it hooked back up to wi fi yesterday and turned it off then went to watch last night and nothing
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that's it

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. I take your question very seriously, as this is how I support my livelihood. Every moment that I am helping you is on the honor system, until you submit a positive 3-5 star rating for the answer that I provide.

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? IF not, what size is the screen- 40" 50" 60"... and how long have you had the tv / what is the purchase date?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
its 60 inch and its 2 years old un60h6203af

Thanks. One moment...

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not work then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. If you have an extended warranty, it's time to contact them to obtain service.

As an experienced technician, theoretically I could help you with the repairs, but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option.

Despite the bad news, I hope you appreciate the answer that I provided so far. Keep in mind you saved a lot of money by coming here first- typically repair shops charge $99 up front just for diagnosis (to hand you an estimate). If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option.

Please submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are not sure about giving me 5 stars, please tell me how I can possibly change that!

Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
okay thanks i will try

You're welcome. All the best with the tv.