Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Picture goes off every couple of days. on off switch will

Picture goes off every couple of days. on off switch will not function TV has to be unplugged and when replugged picture will return. Set was purchased on July 30, 2016.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: Model D48EO Vizeo. No issues before
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Attached to Fios Box which appear to work. When Picture goes off neither the side switch or remote for tv will control TV . Fios box works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Started on Monday. Nothing happened that I know of. TV was turned off at Night and would not turn in Morning on Monday again went out yesterday at about six while watching.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately these symptoms point to a premature and intermittent fault in the "Mainboard" of the Vizio, and there are no settings, or adjustments that will correct it. The Mainboard contains a processor chip that controls the on/off function and the external AV Inputs. It's similar to getting a "bad" cell phone where you need to reboot it every other day to keep it from locking up. The EEPROM chip on the TV's Mainboard is analogous to that. So that said the solution is to have the mainboard replaced in the TV, and since it appears you're still under warranty, you would need to contact Vizio directly and setup an RMA repair ticket on the set.

How to Get Service

Before obtaining warranty service, you may visit www.vizio.com for additional help and troubleshooting. To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.