Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a two week old 32" Polaroid HDTV LED that will not

Customer Question

I have a two week old 32 " Polaroid HDTV LED that will not turn on using the remote and the manual power button. The IR sensor light is on but nothing happens ? I unplugged it along with disconnecting the cable for 8 hours and still it will not turn on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Polaroid 32GSR3000F 32" Flat Panel 720p LED TV . I thought it was the batteries, replaced with new batteries and it worked for a day
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: When it was on, the menu worked. Now it will not turn on. The screen is dark
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Was not an issue. I watched it the night before. Turned it off using remote. The morning after, it would not turn on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when ready ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ready
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

id this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not wish to call.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

No problem , was not me who sent the phone offer

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv in which case do not even contact polaroid for the warranty claim , just take it back to the store for refund or exchange you are entitled to within a month of purchase