Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Yeah i have a screen on my tv its a samsung led series 56 i

hi
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: yeah i have a green screen on my tv its a samsung led series 56 i still get the sound though
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 4 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: im sure does coz i can change channels but the green screen is there
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: yeah it happened before all i did was replug the hdmi cord again but that not working at this moment
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

If you have a green screen and sound works (I'm assuming Cable Box is connected at the other end of that HDMI cable?), then your TV has simply lost HDMI communication- which is either caused by a bad HDMI cable, bad cable box, or the set's Mainboard has failed.

However the most common cause is that the cable box simply needs to be rebooted to fix the issue. Shut the TV off, and pull the cable box power cord from the wall. Then disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable again on BOTH ends- making sure it's secure.

Plug the cable box back into power and give it a minute to start rebooting, then turn your TV on. Let me know exactly what you see on your screen please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok let me do this

Okay sounds good. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i try this first it rebooting

Just ignore the phone call offer- I didn't send it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the cable box is rebooting

Understood. Turn the TV on what do you see on your screen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its working ty

Excellent and you're very welcome. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i now watch family feud dawson days lol

Haha, awesome!