Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Audio goes off after 15 minutes- comes back if TV is

Audio goes off after 15 minutes- comes back if TV is unplugged for 10 minutes Then goes off again after 15 minutes. The cycle continues! Visio 42 inch.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's a M420SV , five years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes I tried Apple TV and vcr- no sound
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just today. Nothing - all of a sudden sound just went
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of

Hello

Welcome

If this is happening with other inputs (apple tv and vcr)then this rules out a satellite or cable box issue, have you tried re-booting the set?un-plug the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again?if not please do this and let me know if there is any change thank you.We move on from there if necessary.

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when I unplug for 10 minutes then plug it back in and re-Boot it works for 15 minutes and then it goes out again .
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you there?

Yes here just give me a min please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok

Having weighed this up your left with nowhere to go except replace the main-board, this board processes all the audio signals and amplifies them is this something you can consider doing yourself?I will provide all the relevant info you need to do that.

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I can't do that.

ust to clarify this board is a plug-in board I will be happy helping you with it, I understand it is not every ones cup of tea as the set is 5 years old there may be no economics in getting a tech involved you would be better off replacing the set, that is my opinion, a tech would charge $250 or so , that is not good.

Let me know if I can help anymore here

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How much does a board cost?

Because vizio main-boards fail regular there is a shortage of them so obtaining a board is not impossible just difficult at present, cost of the board will be around $100

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the information- I'll get a new tv. Is this just a one time charge from just answer.com?

Yes if you have any problems with billing (outside of a one off charge) just contact justanswer support or email***@******.***

I do not receive anything until you rate with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page , question remains open for 30 days should you wish to come back here.

Anthony