Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have recently purchased a LG OLED 55" Curved TV. The Power

I have recently purchased a LG OLED 55" Curved TV. The Power supply cord is 5 feet long and can disconnected from TV by removing cover and unplugging a white rectangular connecter (not three prong) . I need a 12 foot cord so I can run it through the wall behind TV and come out to plug into my Monter surge protector. I have searched online for a cord, but didn't find a cord with this type of connector. Do you have any suggestions?

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

I need you to double check the model number off of the back of the LG- as the one you posted does not even yield a Google result.

Are you available to check the model number off the back of the set?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OLED55C6P-U

Thanks- that one is good. Please allow me a minute to search.

Okay, I know power cords- but this model does not even give a spec relating to the type of connector used. Is there any chance you can post back with a picture of the power inlet jack on the back of the TV (with the power cord removed)? It is one of three type of cords- but I need to see it to tell which of the three.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a pic showing connector in back of TV, but not removed I can send one if needed.20170110_105820.jpg

Remove the power cord so I can see the connector on the TV. Then upload a picture from your PC or laptop using the "Paperclip" icon on the page.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will do so in a little while. I have to stop and leave for an appointment. Here is the pic that I had taken. I forgot to attach file.

Okay. That power cord is not "meant" to be removed and as such takes a non-standard connection that is proprietary to LG. I've soldered longer cords onto these before, but I also build consumer electronics for a living, so unless you're experienced with that- I would not recommend it. With that type of power cord connection, you would need to use an extension cord in the wall to reach your monster power unit. I would recommend wrapping the junction of the two cords liberally with electrical tape and use zip-ties to secure the tape from unraveling. Other than that, I'm sorry there's not a quick fix for this.

Offhand, initially I assumed you had a consumer detachable power cord which is the IEC socket, figure-8, or clipped figure 8 connection. Yours is a proprietary cord with a PC board type connection that is non-standard.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help. I will use a commercial grade extension cord and tape it at the connection point.

You're welcome and that is the correct protocol with this type of cord. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.