Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I bought a new Samsung TV and I am having trouble with

Customer Question

I bought a new Samsung TV and I am having trouble with getting all of my channels through the cable box to come trough. Some channels work and others don't. The cable is working fine on other TVs in the house. I tried resetting up the cable box and I've turned the cable box off and let it reboot. Still not getting all channels.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I just bought the TV.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu works but when I select some channels, the screen goes blank. No audio or video. It's very odd.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just set up the TV 2 nights ago and it's still doing the same thing.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Please note that I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me and without my knowledge
By the way , Pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions .

That cable box is connected HDMI to the tv I take it ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

You now have 2 open request !

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Were not allowed to reply to duplicates anyway so please reply to me here

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

You are saying that the cable works on other TV's in the house but I`m sure they have their own cable boxes .

Disconnect one of them and take it to that room for a test and if still the same then take the tv itself to a location that works and I`m sure its going to be fine

The tv itself does not select the channels , it is just a monitor and reproduces what it receives from the cable box so it cannot be at fault here .

Right now you either have a cable box or cable problem in that room

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
connected by HDMI
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

You got your answer above

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was not having an issue with the cable box before the new TV was connected
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

To tell you frankly I simply cannot see how a tv could affect a cable box ability to receive channels through a HDMI cable .

As I said the tv is simply sitting there waiting for a signal from the box , its a monitor at this time

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

You moved things around when you moved/installed that that tv yes , try another box

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

If indeed it is the tv doing this then take it back to the store , this is definitely not normal

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

What do you see on the screen on those missing channels anyway , no signal message, blank screen etc. ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Let me know the result of those tests , that is either another box or better yet moving the tv to a known working setup