Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.
Can you get me the model number off of the back of the TV and also tell me what BRAND the set is?
I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.
Thank you- it appears our replies crossed.
I also need to know a few more things:
1) Has the TV done this since day one?
2) Any other devices connected (DVD, etc.) that this issue does NOT occur with?
Thanks. Sounds like an ATT issue with their box- since your TV has no way of knowing you have an ATT box (you could have any provider out there and your TV would only know it's getting signal from an HDMI cable- NOT whom your cable provider is).
Please try a reboot of your ATT box as follows:
1) Shut the TV off and then unplug the ATT box from power (unplug its power cord).
2) Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends- making sure it's secure.
3) Plug the Uverse box back in and give it a minute to start booting up, then turn your TV on.
I realize the box will take some time to reboot, and you said that message only came up every 5 minutes or so- so check and see if the issue still occurs, and reply back when able.
Well, I've heard cable guys say all sorts of things. Did you try the reboot yet? Also what was his explanation for the TV somehow "Knowing" that ATT is connected to it? It's not possible unless you programmed ATT into the source settings.