Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I just purchased a model D43n-E1 television and it seems to

Customer Question

I just purchased a model D43n-E1 television and it seems to be working well except for one problem. I have connected a CD/VCR player to the TV as shown on page 13 of the VISIO installation guide, connection B. When I play the DVD, the images on the TV are correct except that there is no color, B/W.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: make VISIO, model D43n-E1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu works and the video from the satellite receiver is fine, with color.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened the first time I connected a DVD player, which was not new. Today, I purchased a new DVD player and the picture on the TV is B/W.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

- What type of cable is used to connect DVD or VCR to TV?

Is it set of 3 wires or 5 wires?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, I'm working on it, please give me 5 minutes to get back to you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Connection of AV cable is just correct and all it needs to select correct video input in TV. Please do not select Comp video input and find AV/Video input in source list and select it to get colors in picture of DVD/VCR playback.

Please reply back with the result.