Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Vizio M420NV will turn on but the left half of the screen is

Customer Question

Vizio M420NV will turn on but the left half of the screen is mirrored on the horizontal plane.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: M420NV, maybe 5-7 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: This occurs immediately when you turn it on.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My 2 year old found a squirt bottle and some got inside.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That sums it up.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the TV. There are two possibilities for this symptoms, either t-con board is defective and causing the problem or the display panel/ the screen internal circuitry has been failed due to liquid. Only option is to replace t-con board in TV to confirm if the screen is OK or got damaged.

Required t-con board or repair kit would be available at following board supplier if you have plan to do it yourself...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/m420nv

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I replace the board, with that resolve both possible issues?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

As I mention, t-con board replacement may resolve the issue and if problem persist then it will confirm that display panel/ the screen is defective which is costly part that usually costs more than new TV price of same size so a new TV would be better choice.

Replacement T-con board would be available around $20 and worth to try it.