Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just installed Roku and played a Netflix movie for the

Customer Question

Hi. I just installed Roku and played a Netflix movie for the first time. I stopped watching Netflix and put regular tv back on and Roku left a black box blocking regular tv. disconnected Roku, and black box stays
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: JVC 36" standard tv about 25 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: only have cable , no other inputs...no other problems
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just put ROKU in today, watched it for 10 minutes, went back to regular cable tv, then black box appeared and won't leave
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a charge for this?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the TV Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: no thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the TV.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back cover of TV if wish to proceed with troubleshooting?