Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

How do I fix my Sansui TV when I turn on the power it turns

Customer Question

How do I fix my Sansui TV when I turn on the power it turns right back off?
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right TV Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Okay
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Model #HDLCDVD320A and yes it has.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Well I don't exactly know becauce as soon as I turn it on it goes back out.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About 3 months, but sometimes it comes on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That's it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am the technician assigned to help you and I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009, which supports my livelihood. Every moment that I am helping you is on the honor system, until you submit a positive 3-5 star rating when I provide your answer.

I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. Now that you are talking to a real technician, please reply asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

How long have you had the tv?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
About 10 years
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

It's likely this is not going to be an easy fix but to be sure, please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that doesn't help then the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service.

As a technician, theoretically I could help you with that but I actually would not recommend you repair of tv of this age due to the high cost of parts/labor and probability of more internal failures. But you saved a lot of money by coming here first- typically repair shops charge $99 up front just for diagnosis (to hand you an estimate).

Despite the bad news, I hope the answer I provided so far was satisfactory. If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option.

Please submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are not sure about giving me 5 stars, please tell me how I can possibly change that!

Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?