Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We are having sound issues. Sound goes and comes...may say

Customer Question

We are having sound issues. Sound goes and comes...may say off for
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: several minutes. Trying to remember when purchased. Maybe eight to ten years. Looking for model #... Model M420SV 100240V-1-7A50-60H2
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works and I have moved to each source/input. Same problem. This actually started a year or so ago and I would just change the input. That worked until now and seems to be on every input/source.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This began last night...but began to have problems a year or so ago. I would move input and it would work for months then happen again. Each time I would move the input. Now it does not help to change input. Just getting sound intermittently.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wonder if this can be fixed without major cost or will I have to consider purchasing a new tv. Have been happy with Vizio. Have two others and they are great.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me and without my knowledge but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when ready to proceed .