Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The problem with our TV is that the picture has gotten much

Customer Question

The problem with our TV is that the picture has gotten much darker and is much more difficult to see the visual images. We were away for a few days and the house was cold, below freezing, just before the problem with the TV. The first two times we turned it on after returning, it looked normal then the picture got darker. Now the picture is dark as soon as we turn it on. We tried to adjust the brightness and that helped a bit. What do you suggest?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: It's a Sony LCD Digital Color TV, a Bravia. (Model 40BX420) No picture issues previously. We also called our satellite TV service provider who tried a number of things but said it was the TV, not the satellite service.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu works, same problem on all channels.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The TV was good until we went away for five days and the weather (and our house) got very cold while we were gone The problem started when we returned home.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.