Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Do you have any experience with Sharp TV Model:LC-80LE632U?

Customer Question

Do you have any experience with Sharp TV Model:LC-80LE632U ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3.5 Years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: 3.5 YEARS OLD S/N2128728173
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: LIGHTNING
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Presently I have I have a 1S+1F Blink code but I have bypassed it by pressing CH-DN +VOL UP+VOL DN and I am getting Audio and Video in the background without the backlight.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The 1 short followed one long blink code on this set, indicates a failure of the LED light strips within the LCD panel (code translates to: "Lamp Failure")- which is also shown by the screen displaying images with no backlight). That said, in order to repair this set, the LED strips would need to be replaced. If you're looking to repair this yourself, the LED strips can be purchased at the link below for your model:

http://www.tvpartscentral.com/sharp-lc-80le632u-led-set/

Additionally, there are videos on Youtube that outline how to perform this repair yourself. Otherwise a shop charge would be quite expensive- starting around $350 for this type of repair. However if you're not looking to work on the TV, then you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

There aren't any pushbutton fixes for that code- if you're saying the screen will not backlight, and the code is 1 short and one long blink (or vise versa), and it does indicate the LED "lamps" on the screen have failed. Let me know if you need further help.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a LED Backlight Tester and I have tested all the 15 Rows of backlight with it and all have tested ok with a reading of 147 VDC and 29.1 ma .I have already purchased two complete rows of new LED with the same part numbers as row 1 and 2 which is repeated to the fifteenth row in the TV but I have not installed it because when assembled and tested they are reading the same 147vdc and 29.1 Ma.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack ,different tech. here

Your question still shows up as open

Do you still need help with this ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need some help? I am getting an error voltage of 3.31 Volts on pin 22 of Connector PD that is going to the Main Board .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there any way to switch on the lights? I am presently getting 127 Volts at the Anode of the first LED Diode in each Row which have 30 in series and all the Cathodes are each connected to the Collector of 15 Transistors and all the Emitters are at ground potential..I know the circuit is monitoring the current but I got the same current of 29.1 Ma with the LED tester at 147 Volts DC.