Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a new Westinghouse smart tv. It has Netflix,pandora,

I have a new Westinghouse smart tv. It has Netflix,pandora, tune google,vudu, and YouTube fast connect buttons.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: how do I get amazon?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes everything works.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Out of the box. I would like to access amazon!
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you please give me the full model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
WD42UT4490

Thank you for confirming,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can you help me?

Please give me time to finish sending a detailed response.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can you help without the $ 26.00 phone call?

Yes, I'm trying to answer you.

Again, please give me a few moments to respond here via text. Every time you send another message I lose everything I"m working on and have to start all over.

Unfortunately, this is simply not possible.
These westinghouse tvs, even for their smart models, are very basic low end models and have very limited features.

There is no app store, and there is no possibility of adding additional apps for it. For that to happen westinghouse would have to publish a specific feature upgrade for this model, which will not happen, they do not add or expand features, and rarely even provide necessary updates to support their existing products.

One option would be to return the tv and purchase a different model. I would strongly urge you to consider this. These westinghouse tvs are some of the lowest quality sets on the market, they have extremely high failure rates and short service lives. You will be lucky if the tv lasts you a few years at best. For about $50 more you could buy a more reputable brand model that will have the features you want and will last far longer.

Alternately if you prefer to keep this one, you can expand its functionality by connecting an external streaming device such as a a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and support.

If you would like some replacement recommendations for a different model, I can help with that.

My apologies for the news,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What would you recommend?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am sorry for being short. I thought I lost the connection.

No worries, just wanted you to know I was still with you.

I recommend sticking to the name brands, which tend to be the most reliable, such as Panasonic, Samsung, LG. The “off brand” sets just aren’t worth the savings, they have high failure rates and are poorly supported if parts/repairs are ever needed. Example: http://amzn.to/2iXK3Mg

If you happen to be a costco member (or know someone who is) I'd suggest buying it there. They tend to have very good pricing to begin with, but will also double the factory warranty to 2 years instead of 1, and they have a square trade extended warranty you can buy up to an extra 5 years for $50 or so which is well worth it. Wherever you buy, I'd highly recommend the square trade warranty (the "store brand" warranties aren't worth the paper they’re printed on). You can get that here, no matter where you buy the tv: http://bit.ly/1fDPJ99

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much. I thought I was getting a lot of features for the money. As it turns out you get what you pay for!THANK YOU.

You're very welcome, and my apologies again for the news. I know it will be a hassle to take back, but it will be worth the effort in the long run.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
5 stars!!!EXCELENT FAST ANSWERS!Nathan is the expert!

Thank you very much.