Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a haier 2.1 channel sound bar sb-bt21. and all of a

Customer Question

i have a haier 2.1 channel sound bar sb-bt21. and all of a sudden it just stopped working. i was watching a movie and the sound just stopped. is there a reset or something i can do?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: sound bar sb-bt21 brand new
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the sound bar just stopped working. no sound at all.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: are we talking or are you talking to someone else
JA: No. I'm the TV Technician's Assistant.
Customer: ok. i just bought the haier soundbar about a month ago. and i was watching tv the other night and it just stopped.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

What were you viewing a movie from- was it a Cable/SAT box, or a DVD player?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
cable tv. everything is brand new right out of the box. sound bar was working perfectly fine, then half way through a movie a month after i have been using it, it just stopped and has not worked since. i did not change anything on the tv at the time, i was watching a movie.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Have you tried switching over to the TV speakers to see if the sound works then? This would determine whether the soundbar or the TV is the root cause of the problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
tv speakers work perfectly fine. i didnt know if there is a reset switch on the sound bar, i didnt see one.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. This does point to a fault with the soundbar, and offhand- no there is not a reset button. I have a few things for you to check though:

1) What cabling is connected to the soundbar (RCA, etc.) and have you confirmed the cable is good by swapping it out with another?

2) Have you tried disconnecting the soundbar from power for 2 minutes, and then plugging it back in as a soft reset?

3) How long have you owned the soundbar for please (over or under a year)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i am using an optical cable, and i did try using a coaxial cable and an rca audio cable to make sure it wasn't the cable. i even had it disconnected since yesterday to hopefully reset itself, so it's been unplugged for over 24 hours and still doesn't work. when it first happened i did unplug it for about 5 minutes then plug it back in as well, but still nothing happened. and yes it is only about 2 months old.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** those are the only user level steps that can be taken to correct this. Beyond that this does indicate a premature hardware fault with the soundbar- which is something we see commonly with Haier products unfortunately. In this case the soundbar would need to be repaired under their warranty.

http://www.haieramerica.com/support

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?